Thursday, September 6, 2007

Don't Forget "Talk Like a Pirate Day," September 19th

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EDITING NOW COMPLETE.

...this made ME giggle anyway...but then, it IS me, after all.;)

This is how cool my priest (and friend), Jan, is...***don't read if you can't mix spirituality/religion with a sense of humor.




She sent me this rewording of the liturgy on that day to read to McK, who is a die-hard Johnny Depp/Pirates of the Caribbean fan.

I dared her to actually do it on that Wednesday night service and not say a word as to why... just act like it's a completely normal occurrence...but she WON'T, God...bless her.

What if I provide the dreadlocks and hat? No?;)

Here's a snippet of it....

The Great Thanksgiving:

The celebrant says to the people:
The Lord be wi' ye

People: Aye, and also wi' ye....

After breaking of the consecrated bread, the celebrant faces the people and continues:

Da gifts o' God fer the people o' God, take 'em in rememberin' Cap'N Christ sank down to Davy Jones' locker fer ye, and feed on the lad in ye hearts by faith.

....On the night he be givin' over to sufferin' and Davy Jones' locker, Cap'n Christ took the hard tack, and when he'd beat the weevils out, he gave thanks and broke it and gave it to his maties, and said, "Take and be eatin', this be my body; do it in 'membrance o' me..."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The following was my response:

... she'll get a giggle out of it... I think your sermon should start like this... "Aye, ye scalawag Pharisees that call yeselves the Christian Coalition and His Majesty's Royal Navy...take the barnacle out ye own eye...." ;)-----

...and her response...

.I'll do it! (Just kidding...but I wish I were brave enough ..)

Thanks for the laugh.

Hope McK feels better soon.

Blessings, J+

I wish she would...but "people like us bleedin' heart liberal" pirates already take heat in this conservative, southern, back-asswards town.

Btw, McK just has a bad cold, no worries...I know you all were.



Gonna miss you, Rev J...you rock it old school.:)